Custom fitting is the process by which a trained golf professional fits your equipment to your personal requirements. Custom fitting looks at your physical dimensions to ensure your clubs are the right 'static fit', and your swing technique to make sure they are the correct 'dynamic fit'. Whatever your golfing ability, you can benefit from having your golf equipment custom fitted.
Why Get Fitted?
If your golf clubs are not custom fitted, there is a good chance that they are to blame for some of your wayward shots.
Below are some examples of why it is important to have properly fitted clubs:
- Shaft too flexible – you may be hitting the ball high, hooking the ball, or experience inconsistency.
- Shaft too stiff – Hitting the ball low, weak shots to the right and poor distance may indicate that your shafts are too stiff.
- Club too short – If you often hit ‘thin’ shots, fall forward at impact or your knees are too flexed, you might be using clubs that are too short.
- Club too long – You may find yourself hitting the ball fat or falling away at impact.
- Lie too flat – Your shots may be going straight right of target, or find yourself with an over strong grip
- Lie too upright – A weak grip, a dislike of ‘tight’ lies and a tendency to hit shots left of target may indicate the lie of your clubs is too upright.
Our Team of PGA Golf Professionals use the latest technology such as the GC2 Launch Monitor and SAM PuttLab to analyse your swing and stroke. This technology can be used to custom fit drivers, woods, irons, wedges and putters from all the leading brands including: Mizuno, Ping, TaylorMade, Titleist, and Yonex.
Custom fitting sessions are available by appointment only for both members and visitors.
To book your appointment call the Golf Shop on 01932 227345, option 2.
Martyn - Club Fitting "What a great service!"
"What a great service! I was able to sample different irons, hybrids and drivers from three different manufacturers with various shaft options. The flight tracking system gives you instant feedback on each shot. As my criteria was to aim for more distance in my game it was really helpful to see the difference between each trial club compared with my existing clubs. Mike was extremely diligent in explaining the technology and the various options and was totally unbiased in his advice. I was pleasantly surprised by the quote for the new clubs which was very competitive. No need to shop elsewhere! A great facility which I would recommend to anyone who is serious about buying a new set of clubs"